In the beautiful Bandhavgarh National Park, savour a sighting of the Bengal Tiger in the dappled shade of a forest track, an exhilarating experience you’ll never forget. You’ll also see animals on the Tiger’s menu such as Wild Boar, Chital (Spotted Deer), Sambar and Indian Muntjac (Barking Deer). Look for the dainty, and very fast, Chinkara (Indian Gazelle) and seek exciting encounters with more of the park’s mammals, perhaps a Leopard or the difficult to see Striped Hyena. This is a tour to delight the mammal enthusiast but the park’s amazing bird list will also impress; there’s the vivid Verditer Flycatcher, raucous Alexandrine Parakeet, comical Red-whiskered Bulbul, showy Coppersmith Barbet, and the gorgeous Rufous Treepie (known as the Tiger’s toothpick!)
There are many ways to extend this tour, so please contact us for details and we’ll help build you a longer tour.
Itinerary and price
Day 1: Flight to be organised by you.
For help with your flight arrangements and to receive a no obligation quote, you can complete the enquiry form on our website or call 0800 280 8947 to speak to a flight advisor at StudentUniverse (in partnership with Gapyear.com), part of the Flight Centre Travel Group, a leading retailer of airfares and worldwide flights.
Day 2: Delhi
Meals: Payable directly today
Arrive at Delhi International Airport where you will be welcomed by our representative and transferred to a local guest house/hotel to check in.
Day 3: Delhi – Jabalpur – Bandhavgarh
Meals: Lunch and dinner
This morning you’ll require an early start. Your driver will meet you at your hotel and transfer you to the airport in time to board an internal flight to Jabalpur. We do not book flights, but we can give you advice on which flights you can easily book via the internet or your travel agent. Alternatively we can rework the itinerary to include an overnight 1st or 2nd class air-conditioned sleeper train journey instead. Your new driver will meet you outside Jabalpur airport (he will be holding a placard with your name on it). From here you’ll be taken to have breakfast at a local hotel, then driven to Bandhavgarh (approximately 4 – 5 hrs). Check in at your comfortable jungle resort and relax for the remainder of the day. Alternatively we could add in an extra afternoon jeep safari and can supply a supplement for this.
Days 4, 5 and 6: Bandhavgarh
Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
On these days enjoy early morning and afternoon jeep safaris (six in total with three in Tala Zone and three in Maghdi/Khatauli Zones) in search of Bengal Tiger and many other mammals and birds which share their jungle home. Safaris are by open-sided and open-topped jeep (standard practice) with a park guide accompanying. Nights at the same comfortable and relaxing jungle resort.
Day 7: Bandhavgarh – Jabalpur – Delhi
Again, you’ll require an early start back to Jabalpur (4 – 5 hrs) to arrive in plenty of time to board your internal return flight (to be booked by you) to Delhi. Arrive in Delhi and connect with your international flight home.
Prices for different hotel categories, the names of hotels and a list of inclusions/exclusions are shown below.
Note: This tour can easily be extended to include Khajuraho Temples or Panna Tiger Reserve (near Khajuraho), Bharatpur, Chambal, Agra and many other wildlife and cultural destinations. Please contact us for details
Price per person for standard hotels option:
2 people travelling together (on a twin share basis) £725
3 people travelling together (on a twin share basis) £570
4 people travelling together (on a twin share basis) £505
Single room supplement £135
Standard price is based on the following hotels:
||No. of nights
||Hotel Lohmod, Executive Room
||Nature Heritage Resort, Deluxe Cottage
Price per person for deluxe hotels option:
2 people travelling together (on a twin share basis) £925
3 people travelling together (on a twin share basis) £760
4 people travelling together (on a twin share basis) £695
Single room supplement £285
Deluxe price is based on the following hotels:
||No. of nights
||Justa The Residence, Gurgaon, Superior Room
||Kings Lodge, Deluxe Cottage
- Accommodation in the above mentioned hotels with meals as listed
- All mentioned transfers by air-conditioned vehicle
- Local English speaking resort naturalist (subject to availabily) and mandatory Forest Department guide for jeep safaris inside Bandhavgarh National Park
- Six jeep safaris (3 to Tala Zone (the premium zone) and 3 to Maghdi/Khatauli Zone) by exclusive jeep all inclusive of entrance fee
- All currently applicable taxes
- Any International airfare to/from India including International airport tax
- Internal flights within India
- Meals not specified
- Tourist visa and travel insurance
- Camera fee
- Any additional taxes levied by the Government of India on the tourism sector in future
- Any expenses of personal nature such as hard/soft drinks, laundry, phone/fax calls, tips etc.
- Any item not mentioned in the price includes section
- Any increase in the entrance fee to National Parks or Sanctuaries in the future. The price is based on the current entrance fee
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond our control